Finalists Announced in 16th Annual Utah Innovation Awards
Twenty-eight innovations and the Utah companies that created them have been named a finalist, honorable mention or early stage innovation recipient in the 16th annual Utah Innovation Awards, presented by Stoel Rives LLP and the Utah Technology Council. Winners will be announced and finalists, honorable mention and early stage innovation recipients will be honored, at a special Awards Dinner on Thursday, April 26, 2018, at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center. Registration is available online at www.utahinnovationawards.com.
This statewide program, the first of its kind and sponsored by Webb Audio Visual Communication, STEM Utah, USTAR, Grant Thornton, Xact Data Discovery, The Leonardo, Zions Bank, BioUtah, and BoomStartUp is designed to recognize innovations and the Utah companies that created them.
A committee of more than 80 experts from Utah’s private industry, government and academic communities voted on winners and finalists in each of the program’s eight categories: Clean Technology and Energy; Computer Hardware/Electrical Devices; Consumer Software; Enterprise Software, Cloud and Big Data; Life Science – Biotech; Life Science – Medical Device; Mechanical Systems/Chemicals/Manufacturing; and Outdoor and Consumer Products. The Selection Committee votes were tallied by the accounting firm and Platinum Sponsor, Grant Thornton.
In addition to identifying finalists, the Selection Committee also identified innovations worthy of honorable mention (note: there is no restriction on the number of honorable mention recipients recognized in each category). Below is a complete list of the finalists and honorable mention recipients listed alphabetically by category:
Clean Technology and Energy
• Electro-Dynamic Eddy Current Sorting by EDX Magnetics
• Spherical Ti Powder for 3D printing by The University of Utah/Blacksand Technology, LLC
Computer Hardware / Electrical Devices
• Guardian GT by Sarcos Robotics
• QuikChek 1-QC1 by Metal Fatigue Solutions
• Smartbeat by Photorithm Inc
Consumer Software (Including Social Media and Mobile Apps)
• AtlasRTX Consumer Engagement Platform by AtlasRTX
• Cake browser by Cake Technologies, LLC
• Neighbor Storage by Neighbor Inc
• Augmented Reality Platform by Seek
Honorable Mention Utah Driver License Practice Exam by Utah.Gov
Early Stage Innovation We Are Friends by Teaching It Right
Enterprise Software, Cloud and Big Data
• HireVue Assessments by HireVue
• IdentityDetect™ by Converus, Inc
• IoT Transparency Platform by RoviTracker Inc
• UNIFY by inWhatLanguage
Life Science – BioTech
• ProLung Test by ProLung, Inc
Early Stage Innovation Targeting ACVR1 Mutations in DIPG with TP-0184 by Tolero Pharmaceuticals
Life Science – Medical Device
• Cartesse by Rosivo
• Celeste Specialized Phototherapy for Parkinson’s Disease by PhotoPharmics, Inc
• OpenSight Augmented Reality System by Novarad
Early Stage Innovation SondeFlux™ by RefloDX, LLC.
Mechanical Systems / Chemical / Manufacturing
• Energy-Efficient low-cost titanium production method by The University of Utah/ Blacksand Technology LLC
• Computational Simulation of Airbag Inflators + Systems by Autoliv
Early Stage Innovation Clean Ammonia by University of Utah
Outdoor and Consumer Products
• All-In-One Sensor by Novi Security
• Cairn XL by Lander
• Indigo Tactical Line of Products by Indigo Industries
• Fiber- X by Mercury Wheels
Community Innovation Award
• Spark Technology Project by Brainstorm
• Philanthropy Cloud by United Way of Salt Lake
The April 26th awards program begins at 4:00 PM with honorees showcasing their innovations. The Dinner will begin at 6:30 PM. To register, visit www.utahinnovationawards.com/awards-dinner.
The program is supported by the Association of Corporate Growth, Manufacturing Extension Partnership, MountainWest Capital Network, VentureCapital.org, and the Women Technology Council. More details about the awards program are available at www.utahinnovationawards.com/the-awards.
About Stoel Rives LLP
Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, climate change and the environment, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences, and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, and business, labor and employment, intellectual property, land use, and real estate development and construction law.
About Utah Technology Council
The Utah Technology Council is the essential resource for Utah’s 4,000 science and technology companies seeking to develop management talent, improve Utah’s business environment and raise investment capital. Members can connect and share insights with industry peers, government and academic leaders, professional service providers and venture capital firms. Visit http://www.utahtechcouncil.org or call 801.568-3500.