Finalists Announced in 12th Annual Utah Innovation Awards
SALT LAKE CITY—Thirty innovations and the Utah companies that created them have been named a finalist or honorable mention recipient in the 12th annual Utah Innovation Awards, presented by Stoel Rives LLP and the Utah Technology Council. Winners will be announced, and finalists and honorable mention recipients will be honored, at a special Awards Luncheon on Thursday, May 1, 2014 at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center. Registration is available online at www.utahinnovationawards.com.
This statewide program, the first of its kind and sponsored by Webb Audio Visual Communication, Utah Business Magazine, Wells Fargo, KUER 90.1, USTAR, Grant Thornton and GoEngineer is designed to recognize innovations and the Utah companies that created them.
A committee of more than 60 experts from Utah’s private industry, government and academic communities voted on winners and finalists in each of the program’s eight categories: Clean Technology and Energy; Computer Hardware/Electrical Devices; Consumer Software; Enterprise Software, Cloud and Big Data; Life Science – Biotech; Life Science – Medical Device; Mechanical Systems/Chemicals/Manufacturing; and Outdoor and Consumer Products. The Selection Committee votes were tallied by the accounting firm and program sponsor, Grant Thornton.
In addition to identifying finalists, the Selection Committee also identified innovations worthy of honorable mention (note: there is no restriction on the number of honorable mention recipients recognized in each category). Below is a complete list of the finalists and honorable mention recipients listed alphabetically by category:
Clean Technology and Energy
- Clean Coke by Ekocoke
- HiTech Natural Gas Membrane Reactor by Ceramatec, Inc.
- NuvoH2O Water Softening System by NuvoH2O
- Net-Zero Carbon Design for the Salt Lake City Public Safety Building by GSBS Architects
Computer Hardware / Electrical Devices
- LOGi Family of FPGA Development Boards by ValentFX, LLC
- pro-xi Workstation Integrator by Portalis
- Thermal Radar by Thermal Imaging Radar, LLC
- WiTricity Charging System for Consumer Electronic Devices by WiTricity
Consumer Software and Web Services
- Disney Infinity by Avalanche Software Disney Interactive
- Speakerfy by Opinti
- Bill Watch by Utah.Gov
- SimPayX – Enabling Smart Mobile Payments by SimPayX
Enterprise Software, Cloud and Big Data
- Big Workflow Solution by Adaptive Computing Enterprises, Inc.
- MoneyDesktop Personal Financial Management Suite by MoneyDesktop
- SaltStack by SaltStack
- AtTask Enterprise Work Cloud by AtTask
Life Science – BioTech
- Injectable Discogenic Cell Therapy by DiscGenics
- LPCN 1021 by Lipocine Inc.
- Synthetic Spider Silk by USU Synthetic Biomanufacturing Institute
Life Science – Medical Device
- PowerGlide™ Midline Catheter by Bard Access Systems
- Taking the Smoke Out of Smoking by e-Nicotine Technology
- UltraBLOX by BLOXR Corporation
Mechanical Systems / Chemical / Manufacturing
- Efficient Manufacturing of Quantum Dots by Navillum Nanotechnologies, LLC
- M-Vac Forensic DNA Collection Device by M-Vac Systems, Inc.
- TRIDION™ 9 GC-MS by Torion Technologies, Inc.
- Inspection of Complex Bonded Composite Structures by ATK Aerospace Structures Engineering
Outdoor and Consumer Products
- EverDock and EverDock Duo by FUZ Designs
- JetForce Technology by Black Diamond Equipment
- Skydrop Sprinkler Controller by Skydrop LLC
- REIGN by JayBird
The May 1 awards luncheon begins at 11:00 am with honorees showcasing their innovations. The Luncheon will begin at noon. For UTC members, individual seats are $65.00, for non-UTC members, individual seats are $80.00, and a table of ten is $550. To register, visit www.utahinnovationawards.com.
The program is supported by the Association of Corporate Growth, Manufacturing Extension Partnership, MountainWest Capital Network; USTAR, Wayne Brown Institute, and the Women Technology Council. More details about the awards program are available at www.utahinnovationawards.com.
About Stoel Rives LLP
Stoel Rives is a business law firm providing counseling and litigation services to a wide range of clients throughout the United States. The firm has nearly 400 attorneys operating out of 12 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia. Stoel Rives is regarded as a leader in corporate, intellectual property, litigation, energy, natural resources, and environmental law. For more information, visit www.stoel.com.
About Utah Technology Council
The Utah Technology Council is the essential resource for Utah’s 4,000 science and technology companies seeking to develop management talent, improve Utah’s business environment and raise investment capital. Members can connect and share insights with industry peers, government and academic leaders, professional service providers and venture capital firms. Visit www.utahtechcouncil.org or call 801.568-3500.
# # #