Finalists Announced in the 11th Annual Utah Innovation Awards
For Immediate Release Contact:
March 25, 2013 Nicole Kershaw, 801-715-6657
Finalists Announced in 11th annual Utah Innovation Awards
SALT LAKE CITY—Twenty-seven innovations and the Utah companies that created them have been named a finalist or honorable mention recipient in the 11th annual Utah Innovation Awards, presented by Stoel Rives LLP and the Utah Technology Council. Winners will be announced, and finalists and honorable mention recipients will be honored, at a special Awards Luncheon on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at the Marriott City Center. Registration is available online at www.stoel.com/utahinnovation.
This statewide program, the first of its kind and sponsored by Webb Audio Visual Communication, Utah Business Magazine, Wells Fargo, KUER 90.1, Paper Rock Pictures and USTAR, is designed to recognize innovations and the Utah companies that created them.
A committee of more than 50 experts from Utah’s private industry, government and academic communities voted on winners and finalists in each of the program’s eight categories: Clean Technology and Energy; Computer Hardware/Electrical Devices; Consumer Software; Enterprise Software and Business-to-Business Solutions; Life Science – Biotech; Life Science – Medical Device; Mechanical Systems/Chemicals/Manufacturing; and Outdoor and Consumer Products. The Selection Committee votes were tallied by the accounting firm and program supporter, Grant Thornton.
In addition to identifying finalists, the Selection Committee also identified innovations worthy of honorable mention (note: there is no restriction on the number of honorable mention recipients recognized in each category). Below is a complete list of the finalists and honorable mention recipients listed alphabetically by category:
Clean Technology and Energy
- The Aggie Bus by Utah State University Commercial Enterprises
- PK Clean
Computer Hardware / Electrical Devices
- Beamforming Microphone Array by ClearOne
- Compact Surveillance Radar by SpotterRF
- Desktop Cloud Computing Appliance by V3 Systems
- Xi3 microSERV3R (Model X7A) by Xi3 Corporation
Consumer Software and Web Services
- AncestryDNA by Ancestry.com
- LumiBook by School Improvement Network
- MyCurrent by Overstock – OLABS
- Utah.Gov Master Index by the State of Utah
Enterprise Software and Web-Enabled B2B Solutions
- Spotlight Data Mining by Allegiance, Inc.
- Canvas by Instructure
- LogMyCalls, a service of ContactPoint
- Moab Cloud Suite by Adaptive Computing
Life Science – BioTech
- ATX-Red by Echelon Biosciences, Inc.
- GenGlide™ Nanoinjection System by NanoInjection Technologies LLC
- Teduglutide (Gattex®) by NPS Pharmaceuticals
Life Science – Medical Device
- E-Fix & E-Thotic by Fixes 4 Kids, Inc.
- Neural Interface System by Blackrock Microsystems
- Slyder by LIYEN, Inc.
Mechanical Systems / Chemical / Manufacturing
- Ceramic Joining Technologies by Ceramatec, Inc.
- Technology for Stiffening Composite Airplane Parts by ATK Aerospace Group
- 3form C3 Color Technology by 3form, Inc.
Outdoor and Consumer Products
- Bridge Technology Bicycle Chain Rings by WickWërks, LLC
- Si2 Mountaineering Tent by Easton
- The Sleek 4G by Wilson Electronics, Inc.
The April 17 awards event begins at 11:00 am with finalists showcasing their innovations. The Luncheon will begin at noon. For UTC members, individual seats are $65.00, for non-UTC members, individual seats are $80.00, and a table of ten is $550. To register, visit www.stoel.com/utahinnovation.
The program is supported by the Association of Corporate Growth, Manufacturing Extension Partnership, MountainWest Capital Network; USTAR, Wayne Brown Institute, and the Women Technology Council. More details about the awards program are available at www.stoel.com/utahinnovation.
About Stoel Rives LLP
Stoel Rives is a business law firm providing counseling and litigation services to a wide range of clients throughout the United States. The firm has nearly 400 attorneys operating out of 11 offices in seven states. Stoel Rives is regarded as a leader in corporate, intellectual property, litigation, energy, natural resources, and environmental law. For more information, visit www.stoel.com.
About Utah Technology Council
The Utah Technology Council is the essential resource for Utah’s 4,000 science and technology companies seeking to develop management talent, improve Utah’s business environment and raise investment capital. Members can connect and share insights with industry peers, government and academic leaders, professional service providers and venture capital firms. Visit www.utahtechcouncil.org or call 801.568-3500.
# # #